Monday 26 August 2013

Anguttara Nikaya III.71

Posted by AUTUMN&WINTER on 16-04-2013, 7:26 PM :


These five things should often be contemplated by both women and men, by both householder and home leaver. What five?

"(1) Old age can come to me; I have not got beyond old age.

(2) Sickness can come to me: I have not got beyond sickness.

(3) Death can come to me; I have not got beyond death.

(4) I must be separated and parted from all that is dear and beloved to me.

(5) I am the result of my own deeds, the heir to deeds - deeds are the source, the kin and the foundation.

Whatever deed I do, whether good or bad, I shall become heir to that."

These five things should often be contemplated by both women and men, by both householder and home-leaver.

~The Buddha ~
[ Anguttara Nikaya III.71]

No comments:

Post a Comment